Saturday, March 01, 2008

Alternate Life Part 1

I believe that at some point in our life we all want to become a writer. A writer who is well known for the uniqueness in their work. Who has world wide readers waiting impatiently for their favourite author to publish his/her next work, because they know that its going to be better and different than anything that they have ever read.

Lately, I was wondering, if I had an alternate life, an alternate present, what would I want to be. What kind of a life I want to live.

Well...frankly speaking, I didn't have to wonder. The answer was right in front of me.... There are some things in your life, that you don't discuss with others. Some of your secret desires that you don't even say to yourself.

One of my all time secret desire, was to become an actress. Well, there.. I said it... out loud.. for the first time in my life...

But not the kind of actresses that we have right now... who sacrificed their education for an uncertain career in cinema. Or not the types, who had their family to back them up.. or not even the ones..who are labelled as 'model turned actors'...

I am a different kind of actress... I came into the film industry - as it has become a business now- when I was 22 years old.. I finished my education... I didn't have anyone working in the field... overall..I even hated posing infront of the camera to take pictures, even it was with my family... and I never wanted to become an actress..it wasn't even in my wildest of dreams...

But, as you can imagine... somebody spotted me... a debutant director who had a fresh new script and who was desperately in need of a new face... oh..and by the way..its a bollywood movie...he was very frustrated with all the work he had to do to set up everything for his first movie... every pieces of the puzzle was intact, except for the central, most important one...a newcomer to play the main role of his dream project... he set out for auditions in various parts of the country..he did everything he could... but he wasn't successful.. so he took a break..came down to kerala...to ease his mind...

And right there... he saw the girl who is destined to play the character , he was moulding for years... yep..that was me.. now.. don't get into any ideas that he got me just like that.. he had to work for months to make me say 'OK, I will give it a try'...mainly because... I just finished my Post Graduation and didn't have a clue on what to do next.. so I thought of taking a break from my normal life and went on to experience the world of lights, camera and action...

I bid adieu to my family and friends...who thought I was crazy and insane... to take off like that, to act in a movie... I flew to our film capital... Mumbai.. stayed with my family friends... went through some usual craps that all actors have to go through when they start off... honestly.. I never thought it would work out.. I thought at some point they will realise that they made a mistake and will send me back home... but it was the other way around...

I succeeded in every tests... everything they set out for me..even the impossible ones... media still consider my turning in to an actress is the greatest gift that the world of cinema has ever got...
Well... long story short.. I never had to look back from there on.. I became a well known actress who everybody loves for her uniqueness and versatality..
After my first movie - which rocked the entire nation, recieved so many awards, including best debutant (female) thats me...and considered to be a trend setter of all times-I began to start acting in other Indian languages including my own mother tongue...

I won several awards including National Awards and others given out for the amazing talent that I have exhibited...

Movies began to collect the box office just because of my appearance in it... All directors love me and all actors want to romance me on screen.. not to mention off screen...

All actresses want to be like me and wishes to know the secret of my success... which with all my humbleness I bow in front of God... I owe all my suceess to the Almighty.....

When I turned 25, I directed a movie for which I had written the script... The Movie was entitled 'Still Single', it not only rocked the nation, but went international and I won several awards for that....not to mention the controversies I had to face because of that film.. it dealt with a bold subject.. which I will tell u later...

No comments: