Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year Resolutions

Well... another year went by...just like that... I have to admit ...2007 was a fulfiling year for me... I had lots of things in my mind to do for the past year.. and I can confidently say that I did ninety percentage of the things on my list... (just as you know.. I do keep a things to do list)...Let's see what all things happened to me in the last year...

I lost weight..well..i gained it right back... that's not the point.... losing weight is one of the things that is never been rubbed off my list.. I manage to lose 5 kgs in 3 months and gain it right back within no time....amazing..uh...

I was working as a College lecturer.. I proved myself and everybody around me a success in the said profession... All my students passed out with flying colours and they adore me like anything...

I secured the National Eligibility Test, which is considered to be one of the most important Test in India, for lectureship and research.

For the first time, in my entire life I bought my father dinner for my birthday.. We went out to a restaurant that he picked ( which was unusual.. as I am the one who usually picks up the restaurant and he is the one who pays for the junk food I inhale)...and ordered his favourite foods and we had a great time...

When Onam came, I bought him a Set mundu, an off white shirt with a neriyathu...thats the traditional male dress in kerala....he was so happy and he couldn't put it down until it was time for our lunch...

One of my biggest dreams came true in 2007... coming to England.... yep... it was my dream ever since I can remember my face in the mirror... I don't know why I had a dream like that in the first place...

When I was young, I thought of getting married to someone who is working here.. so that I can come here and fulfil my dream... but when I got my senses back.. I have decided to chase it in my own means...
So I looked for jobs...but it wasn't easy as I thought...and my profession didn't make it any easier either.. so I had to come here as a student....

The most thrilling part of this is that , I got admissions from more than 6 universities from England and 1 university from New Zealand.... I am very proud of myself... as I never thought that I will be admitted in any of the UK universities....that's my inferiority complex talking...

Now, as 2007 passed by... I am sitting here ..at my on- campus shared house single room with my laptop taking a bunch of resolutions to start with and also wondering where I will be next year this time....

No comments: