Sunday, June 08, 2008

My day out

I hate shopping for clothes.. the looking, the crowd.. the fitting room.. the holding .. the queues, the paying..its such a drag.. but I do like the idea of having lots of clothes... clothes to wear at home... night dresses..sports outfits..fitness clothes.. casual dresses.. summer clothes..different varieties of clothes..filling up the entire wardrobe...

Shopping for clothes have always been a problem for me..I never know what I want.. I am never satisfied with what I see.. and I always regret what I bought after coming home...

But I was desperate.. all my clothes were out dated and I started to hate them.. all my jeans lost my attention...so I decided to go shopping anyway as I was in a pretty bad shape...

I didnt want to go alone.. so I asked couple of my friends to accompany me.. but unfortunately they were busy with their own things... so I went alone to the city...it has been a while since I went to the city.. so I was pretty excited as I always love going to the city..its energetic, it has got this amazing flow and you just want to go with it without hesitating..

On my way, I saw a nude cycle rally from my bus... naked men and women were riding bicycles and cheering something loudly... I couldnt make out what they were saying... people were standing on the street and taking pictures.. the only thing that I thought then was that.. is such a thing possible from where I come from.. nope.. not even in someone's wildest dreams...

So there I was.. out off the bus.. in the city... and all I had in my mind was to buy a couple of jeans and head back home.. yeah..right...like that is what really happened..

So I was walking on the street.. I saw GAP.. I mean the store.. GAP store... I have always heard on the american sitcoms I watch.. the characters talk about GAP and their shopping experiences there.. so I had this idea that the clothes they wear on the show must be coming from stores like GAP.. so I crossed the road and went in... It was a small store.. not something I had in mind..

I went in and scrolled through the TOP section..nothing seemed to entice me..this has always been a problem .. I have never found a TOP that satisfies me.. not even close...either they are too long or too short..or low necked or low back.. or there must be wrong with everything...by any chance if I like a TOP then it must be really expensive..so I moved on to other sections..watching people trying out their outfits .. discussing the matching and unmatching pairs..

Then I spotted the Jeans section.. without wasting my time I went in searching for the pair of jeans which will make me happy... I dont know much about jeans or any form of clothing for that matter..but I was determined to get skinny jeans instead of wide bottoms... so I was looking and I found jeans with a 32 inch waist.. I have always considered myself to be a waist person.. mainly because it runs in our family and sadly because it is the truth...

I took this 32 inch jeans and a 30 inch jeans..hoping that it will fit me... went to the fitting room.. put on the 30 inch one first..on one side yearnin it to be my exact size and on the other scared whether I will rip it off... to my surprise it was loose for me... I was a little bewildered at that time... I thought may be its a mistake... so I ignored what happened... and I tried on the 32 inch one.. again.. it was loose for me... it was obvious... so I went out and took a 29 inch jeans... went in and tried it on... again ... it was loose... I was ecstactic... no..really!!!

Then I took a 28 inch jeans and went in ... that was a perfect fit..within all angles... so I bought it ....actually I bought 3 of them...

I paid for it.. again I went in to the TOP section.. hoping I will find something now.. but I didnt..so I got out of GAP..

Next I went into NEW LOOK.. I think its a new store... it was pretty impressive and expensive at the same time... couldnt find anything so I moved on...

Next I went to PRIMARK...its claimed to be the cheapest cloth shopping centre in Brighton.. so I went in..looked around... there were lots of stuffs which I liked and cheap too...but one look at the cash counter I changed my mind about buying something... it may take me 5-10 minutes to select something, try it on and decide what I want.. but it will take me the whole day to get paid for it..so I got out..

Then I wandered through the city .. it was lunch time.. I wanted to try out the KFC restaurant at the city... I actually work part time in one of the KFC branches..I just wanted to check what is the difference between the two.. may be this one has something that we dont have.. I went in..looked at the menu..its exactly the same..so I got out.. went into McDonald's and had a chicken sandwich and banana milkshake...

Then I went to the other side of the street.. casually checked through the stores.. actually bought a couple of TOPS... and some workout clothes..went to the bus stop.. saw that my bus wont come for another 20 mins..

So I started walking to the other side.. the side from where I came from.. went into a bookstore.. saw so many tempting books.. the ones that you want soo badly..but can't because you know..once you buy them it will lose your attention.. it will become something that fills up your space.. so I got out from there too...

Next.. I went into MARK & SPENCER... a pretty famous store around the world.. it wasnt that crowded... I went in..looked around.. found somethings I liked.. paid for it...got out... I checked and there was just 1 min for my bus to come.. so I waited... holding my bags...

Within no time.. I reached home.. unpacked my stuffs and tried it on..for some bizzare reason..I liked what I bought... organised my cupboards...

Took a bubble bath... saw some TV... read a magazine and went to sleep...

It wasnt a hectic day.. but its something that I should do more often... get out there..feel new things.. see new people.... instead of locking myself in and complaining about what I dont have...what I should do is to get out there and appreciate what I have in my hand... before its too late...

2 comments:

Virtually Yours said...

Dropped by after a long time...! Good going! :)

Rekha Sreekumar said...

Thank you for comment!!