Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Outperforming 'X' a.k.a The 'X' Factor

Based on a true story

If there seemed to be any resemblance to the characters or the incidents mentioned, it is purely on purpose.

Do you have someone in your life, whom you regret to have known or befriended? Whom you can't get out of your mind, no matter how much you try?

The worst thing is whatever you do, you do it to show them and make them regret what they have done to you, but it doesn't affect them at all, and it kind of back fires at you and there is nothing you can do about it.

I have someone like that in my life. Lets call this person 'X', shall we? I will also be referring 'X' as 'It', as an effort taken inorder to not to reveal 'Its' true gender.

I met X in my early teen years. Even though, we had heard about each other as someone's daughter or son, we never really interacted with each other. We belonged to different social circles and we didn't have any common friends at that moment.

As fate had already got its blueprint, X and I met and became acquaintances and slowly we became good friends. One thing about X is that, you can either hate or love X, but you just can't ignore X.

X is very nice, sweet, understanding and all those other things that you expect from a friend. Without your knowledege, you will start believing in whatever X tells you, because X is a good narrator and a story teller.

Well... this is what 'X' pretends to be.. in reality X is cunning, crude, pretentious, hyprocritic, manipulative,a liar and whatever other negative traits you can come up with.. X can define it to you by Its doings and sayings...

I had the misfortune to be associated with X for sometime in my life...and I regret that from the bottom of my heart.. Eventhough X and I haven't met each other in person for over 10 years now..we are still 'good' friends and we still keep in touch through emails and forwaded messages..It even calls me once in a blue moon...

I began to realise what X really is.. when It stabbed me on the back, when I least expected it.. or didn't expect it at all.. that was the time when I came to know..the true face of X.. the one I saw... was all an act... and I could never imagine it in my wildest dreams..I actually trusted X and told It my inner most secrets.. and It used all those things against me.. and even publicised it...

When I confronted X, well.. I never got a chance for that..and I don't want too..because I know no good can come out of it..

When I told our common friends, what X is really like.. they didn't believe me.. infact, they told me that I am jealous of X, because of Its positivity in everything.. I was absolutely shocked...

I lost some of my friends when I stopped my friendship with X.. those were friendship with association...

Now, X has become this obsession with me..whatever I do, I do it to show X that I am leading a better life than It... when I did my education.. when I went to work.. when I lost my excess weight.. when I passed some prestigious exams.. when I got admission to some of the universities in England...when I came to England for my higher studies.. and the kind of life that I lead right now...its all something I want X to know.. whenever I go somewhere I take my camera with me.. so that I can take some pictures of the beautiful places I see and put it in orkut..so that X can see it and get jealous.. but..nooooo...X doesn't even care.. what I do, where I go... doesn't make an impact on X..

Eventhough we are in completely different sectors of the career industry, X has made it clear to me that whatever I do for a living is everyone's cup of tea..and doesn't need any effort or training to do it.. and what It does for the daily bread is only possible for people of high intelligence...whatever chance It gets to shatter my self-confidence, It never avoids those oppurtunities...

Its really sad when I think about it.. one of my best friendship has taken this ugly turn and can't be mended anymore... but X has taught me alot about life and myself..

X has taught me not to trust anybody and keep a distance from everybody.. whatever you see doesn't have to be whatever you get.. and most importantly, I am not the loser that I think I am...

Eventhough, X has hurt me so bad... It has become this motivational force that I use to achieve my goals...everything that I do is to outperform X.. the X factor is pretty strong in my life..whenever I want to lose some fat (like right now).. or I want to try out something completely new and I am scared to death to do so.. I just think about how I want to appear before X.. and that's all I need to do.. everything else will fall into place..

Even now.. I am thinking... on a bizzare occassion.. X reads my blog, calls me up and asks me , "Is this about me?".. and once and for all.. I would like to say,

" Not everything in this world is about you"...

No comments: